[Blueboard] TELEPHONE NUMBERS TO CALL re Katipunan pedestrian bridge

unipress at pusit.admu.edu.ph unipress at pusit.admu.edu.ph
Wed Nov 24 18:52:55 PHT 2004

TO     All Concerned

FROM   Esther M Pacheco
       C/O University Press

ON     TELEPHONE NUMBERS TO CALL
       on Katipunan Pedestrian Bridge Issue

OUR EXPERIENCE SHOWS that government often does not move unless
continously and regularly monitored and besieged by concerned
citizens--the more the better.

I suggest that as many of the Ateneo community as possible do
that necessary monitoring and badgering (I have asked concerned
NGOs and homeowner associations to do the same). Quezon City Hall
cannot ignore a FLOOD of urgent and persistent queries on
WHEN IS THAT KATIPUNAN BRIDGE COMING UP?

When I wrote a letter to Mr Sanchez of the Department of Public
Safety (DPOS)and asked him on the phone months ago about the project,
he said that the Mayor had approved the plan, that it was now
on blueprint stage, and that we could expect it up before the
year ends. (Well, the yearend nears, and we still see
no shadow of a bridge!)

Please do call and and also let your assistants /secretaries
regularly call the DPOS Office (Mr.Sabalza and Mr Sanchez)and say
something to the effect WE NEED THAT PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE AT
KATIPUNAN; WHEN IS IT COMING UP? The DPOS numbers are
9211010 and 9241844. Or call the Mayor's Office at 924 3592.

LET THAT FLOOD OF CALLS BEGIN NOW! We should expect results
after that.