[Blueboard] ADMU 145th Anniversary Celebrations

Joseph Anthony M. Quesada jquesada at ateneo.edu
Tue Nov 23 16:12:02 PHT 2004

The Ateneo de Manila University celebrates its 145th anniversary and 145
years of the return of Jesuit Education to the Philippines on December
10, 2004

December 10 also begins the 5-year countdown to the Ateneo's 150th
anniversary in 2009.

The University begins preparations for its sesquicentennial by returning
to its roots: By remembering Ateneo's history and celebrating the things
that make the school distinctly Atenean

What we cherish, What we fight for, What we believe.

Amidst all the challenges we face as a nation, the Ateneo de Manila
University dares to take this as a chance to live out its motto of LUX IN
DOMINO---to be a light of Christ in our world.

While there are some who give up and grow weary from a world beset by
conflicts, there are those who tirelessly pursue their dreams to give
hope and be light in the lives of others. There are such people in the
Ateneo---leaders who serve as a light of inspiration and hope for our
fellow Filipinos.

One hundred and forty-five years of the Ateneo and of Jesuit education
stand as a testament to the school's enduring commitment to leadership
and service. There is indeed much cause to celebrate and be thankful for.

This is the reason for our celebration as the university begins to reflect
on what more it can do in the future. Through a series of simple yet
meaningful events under the theme ONE BIG HOPE, we aim that this 145th
anniversary celebration would make all members of our community feel
proud to be part of the legacy, mission, service and commitment of the
Ateneo.

We would therefore like to invite you to join the entire Ateneo community
on December 10 in marking this occasion. Below is a schedule of the
avtivities lined up for that day.

December 10
145th Anniversaty of the Ateneo de Manila University

          12:00nn-11:00pm Food Fiesta and Mini-Bazaar at Bellarmine Field
          5:00-6:00pm     Immaculate Conception Procession (4pm assembly
                          at Blue Eagle Gym)
          5:00-7:00pm     Manila City Band Performance at Gesu
          7:00-8:30pm     145th Anniversary Mass and Symbolic Lighting
                          of Sesquicentennial Commitment Candles
                          (Celebrant/homilist:Fr. Ben Nebres)
          8:30 onwards    University Street Party!!! (performers
                          include Rivermaya, GK kids, Executive Band,
                          Overdrive, Alay ni Ignacio, Blue Babble
                          Battalion plus other guests)

BE ONE WITH THE ENTIRE ATENEO COMMUNITY THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON.
COME AND BE INSPIRED YET AGAIN
JOIN US IN RALLYING ONE BIG HOPE FOR OUR CHILDREN AND OUR NATION