[Blueboard] Invitation to "The Wizard of Oz"

CLCP Secretariat clcp at admu.edu.ph
Sat Nov 20 11:23:22 PHT 2004

Dear friends,

Greetings!

We would like to solicit your support for our annual fund-raising by
watching and promoting the Repertory Philippines' musicale staging of
timeless classic "The Wizard of Oz" on November 27, 2004 (Saturday),
8:00 PM at the Greenbelt 1 Onstage in Makati City.

The proceeds of the play will be used to support various projects of the
Christian Life Community of the Philippines (CLCP) which will bring us
closer to fulfilling our mission of participating in the building of
God's Kingdom, manifested in the Philippine Church of the Poor, through
the formation of CLC and other faith communities steeped in the
Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.  On top of our project list is the
continuing formation and training of CLC members who have a vocation in
community guiding and retreat-giving.

Recognizing the current difficult economic conditions, yet realizing the
equally pressing need to raise funds for our projects, we are offering a
special package price of "BUY 3 TICKETS AND GET 1 FREE".  Ticket prices
are at P800 (Orchestra), P500 (Upper Orchestra), and P300 (Balcony).
These are kept at a very reasonable price for the whole family and
"barkada" to enjoy and learn from the play while preparing for the
coming of Christmas season.  For ticket inquiries and reservations,
please call the CLCP Secretariat at telephone numbers 426-0074 or 75,
text 0917-3288901 or email  <mailto:clcp at admu.edu.ph> clcp at admu.edu.ph.

For the guaranteed success of this project, we truly hope that we can
continually count on your full support and generosity as you always do
in our previous fund-raising projects.  May God's love forever shine on
you and your loved ones as we all work together with Christ in building
His Kingdom.

Please forward this invitation to your family and friends who may be
interested.

We will be glad to see you watch the play with your family and friends.
Thank you.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

NATIONAL LEADERSHIP COMMUNITY
Christian Life Community of the Philippines
National Secretariat, G/F CLC Center, Seminary Drive
AdMU Campus, Loyola Heights, 1108 Quezon City
Philippines
Telephone: (632) 426-0074 or 75
Email: clcp at admu.edu.ph

=====================================

SYNOPSIS:

The Wizard of Oz*
by Frank Baum
with music and lyrics of MGM motion picture scored by Harold Arlen & EY
Harburg

Synopsis:

Little Dorothy Gale of Kansas, dreams frequently of what lies over the
rainbow.
One day a twister hits her farm and carries her away. At the end of the
rainbow,
she finds herself in picturesque Munchkinland: home of the fascinating
Munchkins.

The Munchkins fete Dorothy as a heroine, because in landing, her house
has
accidentally killed the Wicked Witch of the East. The Sorceress of the
North
advises Dorothy that only the Wizard of Oz can help her get back to
Kansas.
She gets directions to go back to Munchkinland from the Scarecrow who
joins her. They
make it to the side of the bridge where Munchkinland is located, and
meet the
Tin Man and the Lion. The three travelers find the Munchkins and get
directions to the Emerald City.

When Dorothy and her friends finally meet the Wizard, he demands that
they kill the
Wicked Witch of the West before he will grant them their wishes, and
they go to the
Witch's castle.  The Witch plans to kill the four friends by shrinking
them into nothing, in a cauldron of magic water. The Witch threatens the
Scarecrow with
fire and Dorothy protects the Scarecrow by pulling the Witch back into
the full cauldron, to
extinguish the fire.  The magic water puts out the fire and shrinks the
Witch
into nothing.  Back at the Emerald City the Wizard of Oz throws a party
in honor of the four friends and grants everyone's wishes.  He gives the
Lion
a medal to represent courage, the Tinman a watch to show his large
heartedness,
and the Scarecrow a diploma for a Doctor of Scarecrow to signify
graduation from
advanced study.  The Great Wizard of Oz escorts Dorothy back to Kansas.

----

*This musical is produced with, and the music and dialogue material
furnished by
TAMS WITMARK MUIC LIBRARY INC, 560 Lexington Avenue, New York NY