[Blueboard] Result of ACM Compettion

Lisa Agbay eagbay at ateneo.edu
Sat Nov 13 09:07:32 PHT 2004

The Department of Information Systems and Computer Science is proud to
announce that Ateneo teams garnered top honors in yesterday's ACM
International Collegiate Programming Competition regionals held in the
University of Asia and the Pacific!

Out of 81 local and foreign teams, Ateneo de Manila University team Res
Cogitans was declared Philippine Champion and was second only to the
University of Tokyo.  Both teams completed seven (7) problems.  However,
Res Cogitans ranked second because of penalty points.

Team Ateneo3 tied with De La Salle University's Balloons R  Us for 8th
place, making us the only Filipino university with multiple teams in the
top 10 spots.

Teams Ateneo2 and Ateneo4 tied with Fudan University for 12th place.  Team
Ateneo5 was awarded an honorable mention.

For these amazing achievements, we thank and congratulate

Res Cogitans: Philippine Champion
Carlos-Miguel D. Arguelles (4CS)
Allan M. Espinosa (3ECE)
Mark C. Punzalan (3CS)

Ateneo3: 8th place
Michael Philip G.Gonzalez (4CS)
Joseph Christian Noel (4CS)
Christopher John D. Rigor (4CS)

Ateneo2: 12th place
Joshua Paul C. Agarrado (4AMC)
Rene-Russelle B. Santos (CS'04, 4MA)
Erik Troy D. Uy (4CS)

Ateneo4: 12th place
Clifford Ian G. Lim (4CS)
Charles Enrison A. Yeung (4MIS)
Reinabelle C. Reyes (4PS)

Ateneo5: Honorable Mention
Ramon Francisco B. Mejia (3CS)
Kendrick C. Saavedra (2CS)
Michael Joseph N. Tan (2CS)

Alternate
Neill Wilbert Li (2CS)

Coaches
Pablo Manalastas, Ph.D.
John Paul Vergara, Ph.D.
Proceso Fernandez, Jr.
Eric Cesar Vidal

Congratulations to all our teams and their coaches!  We are very proud of you!

For complete results, visit:

<http://icpc.baylor.edu/icpc/regionals/ViewRegionalStandings.asp?ContestID=707>http://icpc.baylor.edu/icpc/regionals/ViewRegionalStandings.asp?ContestID=707

Elisa S. Agbay
Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
Rm 209 Faura Bldg.
Local 5660
Telefax 426-60-71