[Blueboard] Pathways Mentoring Program

pathways at admu.edu.ph pathways at admu.edu.ph
Tue Mar 30 09:47:49 PHT 2004

Please post.

Good day! Please give us a few minutes of your time as we invite you to
take part in our cause.

Pathways to Higher Education is a project of  Ateneo de Manila's Office
of
the President, The Ford Foundation and the Synergeia Foundation.
Pathways helps uplift the lives of   academically-gifted students who are
financially-underprivileged by providing them access to higher education.
Public high school students from Marikina and Quezon City (Payatas and
Loyola Heights) undergo enrichment classes and attend workshops for their
holistic development.  For the fourth year HS participants, Pathways
links them with our partner schools (e.g., DLSU, UST, UE, FEU, CEU,
Miriam College, etc.)  and other institutions that can provide
scholarships for their college education.

Now on its second year, Pathways already has 80 participants who will be
college freshmen and sophomores this coming school year.  These students
need to be guided not only with their academic concerns but also with
personal matters during these crucial years.   In this regard, Pathways
is looking for mentors who will serve as their "ates" or
"kuyas" and help
them make the right decisions towards a more fulfilling future.  The
minimum requirement is for the mentors to meet at least once a month with
their mentees.

If you are interested to help and have the time, "kwento" and tips
that
would help our participants, we would like to invite you to an
orientation meeting on April 3, 2004 (Saturday) from 2:00 -- 4:00 in the
afternoon at the Social Sciences AVR, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola
Heights, Quezon City.  For those who are still discerning if they can
commit or not, you may want to also attend the orientation to get to know
the program more.

Please call us at 4266001 loc. 4046 and 4048 or email us at
pathways at admu.edu.ph if you have any further inquiries and to confirm
your attendance to our orientation meeting.

We hope that you will join us in helping mold the minds and values of our
nation's future leaders.

Thank you very much for your time and we hope to see you on April 3!

Sincerely,

Harvey S. Keh (BS '00)
Director
Pathways to Higher Education Program