[Blueboard] Bruce Dick and James Love from Rita: A Photo Exhibit

Reneli Ann B. Gloria rgloria at ateneo.edu
Mon Jun 14 10:12:35 PHT 2004

The Philippines-Australia Studies Network
and Green Papaya Art Projects
in cooperation with the
Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University
and the Australian Embassy, Manila
is pleased to present:

Bruce Dick and James Love from Rita:
Photographs by Gabrielle Finnane
Curated by Robert Nery

Gabrielle Finnane's photographs, taken in 2000 in Manila, Pampanga and Bulacan, show that what is familiar from daily usage is often what we do not truly see. Her images of the urban and the rural landscape bring to light aspects and details of the environment, and the moods and feelings associated with them, that seem to be part of a life different from the one we thought we were living. Yet this other life seems to underlie the one we live, and these photographs suggest that to possess it might require only
first, that we pay attention and second, a greater detachment from common sense.

Opening will be at 4:30 PM, Thursday, June 24 2004, at the Pardo de Tavera
Room, Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon
City.
Cocktails will be served during the opening.
The exhibit will run from June 24 to July 2, 2004. Viewing hours will be
from 8 AM to 6 PM.