[Blueboard] Rosa Cheng Mendoza

lkmendoza at ateneo.edu lkmendoza at ateneo.edu
Tue Jun 1 16:19:25 PHT 2004

On behalf of my husband, Ruben Cheng Mendoza (Theology Department), I am
requesting you to pray for the soul of his mother.

Rosa Cheng Mendoza, 70, passed away last Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at 5:00
in
the morning.  Mommy Rosy had been battling cancer of the lymph nodes.  In
the past year, the cancer spread rapidly to other vital organs.  Last
January, Mommy discontinued costly chemotherapy sessions at St Luke's.
That time, she said that she was tired of the endless going in and out of
the hospital.

When she was admitted into the ICU last Saturday, we all had a strong
sense that this was to be her last visit.  Mommy died peacefully, this in
spite of the painful tubes and needles stuck into her body for the past
so many years.  She joined Daddy Eleng, who passed away last June.

She is at rest at last.  She is with her true loves:  Daddy, God, and
Mama
Mary.

To all of you who had the opportunity to meet and know her, know that she
treasured those encounters.  Thank you for your love and support.

Mommy is survived by her three sons, Roel (BS '89/'90), Ruben (MA '97),
and Reymagno;
daughters, Concepcion Mabasa Mendoza and Lara Katrina Tajonera Mendoza
(AB '93, MA '00);  and granchildren Mikka Alexis, Nicole, and
soon-to-be-born sister of Nicole.

She was waked at Loyola Memorial Chapels in Marikina.  She was laid to
rest last Saturday, May 29, 2004.

Lux in domino,
Lara Katrina Tajonera Mendoza