[Blueboard] Eagle Watch: Economic and Political Prospects for Election Year 2004

rneri at ateneo.edu rneri at ateneo.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:27:03 PHT 2004

To the Ateneo Community,

We are inviting you once again to attend our first economic and political
briefing for the year.  (please see invitation letter of Dr. Cielito
Habito below).

Please note that  members of the Ateneo Community shall be given a
discount of 30% (special rate of P1,750 instead of P2,500).

We hope to see you on February 12!

Lea Neri
ACERD/ office of Dr. Habito

***************

Dear Friends,

The year 2004 has ushered in a number of uncertainties in the economic
and
political front.  While the presidential campaign intensifies, economic
problems remain: a shaky business and trade investment confidence, a weak
peso, lackluster economic growth, among others.

Against this backdrop, the Macroeconomic Research Unit (MRU) of the
Ateneo
Center for Economic Research and Development (ACERD), together with the
Ateneo Center for Social Policy and Public Affairs (ACSPPA), the Ateneo
Political Science Department and the Ateneo School of Government, will
hold its first briefing for the year entitled Eagle Watch: Economic and
Political Prospects for Election year 2004 on Thursday, February 12, 2004
at the Veritas Room, Fourth Floor, Ateneo Rockwell Campus in Makati City.
 (Please see announcement below).

Eagle Watch is an expanded and enriched briefing that builds on the
quarterly economic briefing that ACERD had been holding since early 2002.
 The exclusive forum will present a current economic overview of the
country, with a special discussion on the impact of the prospects of the
forthcoming National Elections. As we have done in our quarterly
briefings, we will also present to you our latest economic projections
based on the Ateneo Macroeconomic Forecasting Model (AMFM), the only
operational full macroeconomic model of the Philippine economy outside of
the NEDA-PIDS model being used by the government.

We would like to once again invite you to take part in this briefing.
Knowing of your active interest in the country's economic and political
developments, your participation along with that of other prominent
representatives of academe, business, government and non-government
sectors and the media will make Eagle Watch an event truly worth spending
your morning in.

We look forward to seeing you.

Cielito F. Habito
Director, ACERD

               ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY
Ateneo Center for Economic Research and Development (ACERD)
Ateneo Center for Social Policy and Public Affairs (ACSPPA)
Ateneo Political Science Department
Ateneo School of Government

                     Invitation
                      to our

EAGLE WATCH:  ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL PROSPECTS
FOR ELECTION YEAR 2004
February 12,2004, Thursday
8:30 am  -- 12:00 nn
Veritas Room, Ateneo Rockwell Campus
Makati City,  Metro Manila

Feautured Topics:

?        Full Year 2003 Economic Performance and Outlook for 2004
?        Impact of Election Spending on the Economy
?        Election Analysis : Candidates, Key Issues and Interest Groups
?        Discussion on proposed Constitutional Amendments

Briefing Fee is at P2,500* per person (inclusive of snacks and briefing
materials). To register, please call Lea Neri or Sai Sandoval at 426-5661
or email rneri at ateneo.edu or romelianeri at yahoo.com. Please make checks
payable to ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY.

*  Early bird discount-10% off for registration before January 25, 2004
    Volume discount- additional 10% off for the 3rd participant from the
same company

______________________________REPLY SLIP_________________________________
Please reserve _____seats for us in Eagle Watch:
 Following are the names of the participants from our group:
®        Enclosed is check amounting to P____________ for briefing fee.
®        Please have the check picked up at __________________(office
address).

Company/Organization____________________________Tel