[Blueboard] Book of the Month: ALIMUOM by Ellen Sicat

Maricor E. Baytion mbaytion at ateneo.edu
Sat Jan 3 16:32:15 PHT 2004

ALIMUOM: KALIPUNAN NG MGA KUWENTO by multiawarded writer Ellen Sicat gathers
together 21 stories that explore the multifaceted dynamics of relationships
both within the familiar confines of home and the bigger society: "Pagiging
Ina," "Bagong-tao," "Taga sa Panahon," "Diskarte," "Ang Apo," "Paghuhusga,"
"Casa Fuego," "Menopause," "Ang Pagababalik,"  "Mas Panaginip pa sa Panaginip,"
"Ang Hiwalay," "Aquarium," "Ibigay ang Palakpak," "Pag-iwas," "Limbo,"
"Kasariwaan," "Opisina," "Ang Kabit," "Ang Manyikang Kalbo," "Pagbibinyag,
Pagkatapos," and of course "Alimuom."

ALIMUOM (186 pp, ISBN 971-550-460-4) comes with an introduction by Edgardo
Reyes. The book is available at the Ateneo Press bookshop (02-4265984;
unipress@ admu.edu.ph) or may be ordered through good bookstores nationwide.

--

Ateneo de Manila University Press
Bellarmine Hall, ADMU Campus

Tel 63-2-4265984; 4266001 ext 4611/3
Fax 63-2-4265909
Email: unipress at admu.edu.ph
http://www.ateneopress.com

When I get a little money, I buy books;
and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
                                 --Erasmus

-----
End forwarded message
-----