[Blueboard] University Stations of the Cross 2004

L/S Campus Ministry Office ls_cmo at admu.edu.ph
Thu Feb 26 14:26:14 PHT 2004

          Peace! The Lenten Season is upon us again.  It officially began
yesterday, with Ash Wednesday.  Just like last year, the University joined
the whole of Christendom in commemorating this holy season by staging
the Stations of the Cross.

	This year, we continue with this solemn ritual. At exactly 4:30
p.m. on February 27, we shall gather at the Ateneo Grade School and
process towards the Church of the Gesu.  Across the nation, at the same
date and time, Jesuit schools in Naga, Cebu, Cagayan and Davao will also
hold their own Stations of the Cross as they join us in praying for clean,
honest and orderly elections in May and for the electorate to make a wise
choice for the next President of our country.

	The route for the Stations of the Cross is along Fr. Masterson's
Drive. Assembly is at the Grade School Administration Building at 4:30
p.m.

	The following are the participating groups for the University
Stations of the Cross:

    	First Station: 	    Ateneo Grade School
    	Second Station:	    San Jose Seminary
    	Third Station:      Loyola House of Studies
	Fourth Station:     School of Humanities, Loyola Schools
	Fifth Station:      School of Social Sciences, Loyola Schools
	Sixth Station:      School of Science & Engineering, Loyola Schools
	Seventh Station     School of Management, Loyola Schools
	Eighth Station:     Ateneo Professional Schools
	Ninth Station:      Cervini- Eliazo Dormitories
	Tenth Station:      Social Development Complex
	Eleventh Station:   East Asian Pastoral Insititute (EAPI)
	Twelfth Station:    Ateneo High School
	Thirteenth Station: Ateneo Employees Union
	Fourteenth Station: Ateneo Alumni Association

	Come, let us gather together as one community and pray for the
future of our nation.  We will end our prayer and ritual with a
Celebration of the Eucharist at the Church of the Gesu.  Fr. Daniel
Patrick Huang, SJ will be our presider and homilist.

********************************

PRAYER FOR THE 2004 ELECTIONS

Almighty Father,
we, your children,
turn to you at this time of confusion and discouragement,
and pray you inspire us with hope for our nation.

As the national elections draw near, we ask you:

Awaken our consciences
that we may be transformed
and that our actions and words,
as a candidate or voter,
may be directed to the common good
and not to our personal or familial advantage.

Animate our minds and imagination
that we may find more effective means
to insure clean, honest and orderly elections.

Stir our hearts
that we may be impassioned to take action
for the common good and for the glory of your name.

Fortify our will
that we may endure the adversity that will confront us.
And bless all our actions and our sacrifices
with peace, prosperity, and holiness in our nation.

We ask all these, dear Father, through Christ your Son,
who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever. Amen.

For inquiries, comments or suggestions kindly contact:

                       L/S CAMPUS MINISTRY OFFICE
                        First Floor, Kostka Hall
                             Loyola Schools
                       Ateneo de Manila University