[Blueboard] University Stations of the Cross 2004

Flor Sanchez fsanchez at ateneo.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:48:18 PHT 2004

MEMO TO :     THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

FROM        :     THE PRESIDENT

R E             :      UNIVERSITY STATIONS OF THE CROSS 2004

-------

Peace!

The Lenten Season is upon us once again. Last year, in observance of this
holy season, the University revived a cherished Ateneo tradition of the
past: the Stations of the Cross. This year, on Friday, February 27, 2004, we
shall once again, as one community and in solidarity with the whole Church,
pray the stations of the cross of Our Lord. At exactly, 4:30 pm, we shall
gather at the Ateneo Grade School and process towards the Church of the
Gesu, where we shall fittingly end the stations with a celebration of the
Eucharist.

I encourage everyone to join us in this solemn ritual. We have asked
representatives from different units of the University to sponsor a station
and offer a prayer for their unit and the University. We thank them in
advance for their valuable participation in this community prayer.

Across the nation, other Jesuit schools (Naga, Davao, Cebu) are planning to
hold their stations on the same date and time.  Last year our special
intention during our stations of the cross was the resolution of the US-Iraq
conflict at that time. This year, together with the other Jesuit schools, we
would like to pray for the elections in May: that these may be peaceful,
clean, and honest and that the electorate will make the wise choice for the
next President of our country.

We hope therefore to see you all next Friday. Should you have any questions
or concern, please don’t hesitate to call the Campus Ministry Office of the
College.

BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.