[Blueboard] Donation of Old but Usable Toys

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria aced at admu.edu.ph
Thu Dec 9 13:29:29 PHT 2004

Please Post.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Gandhi)

We all say that the state of public education in our country has become worse
over the years.  Around the country, public schools lack the necessary
equipment, classroom furniture, instructional materials and teacher support to
overcome the problem of providing quality education to all.  We think it is a
losing battle, but it is not.  We can help, even in our own little way.

It is in this spirit that the Ateneo Center for Educational Development (ACED)
is asking for your help in making a difference in the lives of the children of
Lupang Pangako Elementary School, located about a hundred meters from the
dumpsite. It is one of the five public elementary schools in the Payatas area.
It currently has a population of 4,000 pupils with only 23 classrooms forcing
them to hold classes in its covered courts.

They are asking for donation of old but usable toys to be used as an
alternative learning tool to augment the shortage of textbooks and other
instructional materials in their school.

For your donations, you may send them to the ACED Office located at the 3rd
Floor of Hoffner Building, Social Development Complex (in front of ISO) or you
may call us at local 4017 and 4027 so we can arrange for a pick up. Please look
for Alma or Al.

Thank you.

Anne Candelaria
Managing Director, ACED

Anne Lan Kagahastian-Candelaria
Ateneo Center for Educational Development
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Philippines