[Blueboard] Watch blueRep's Merrily for the benefit of GK this weekend!

Stephanie A. Limuaco slimuaco at ateneo.edu
Thu Dec 9 09:01:13 PHT 2004

Ateneo blueREPERTORY

invites you to witness

one of the biggest musical seasons ever produced by our generation:

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG

a thrilling and compelling masterpiece by Stephen Sondheim about

friendship, compromise and the high price of success.

The story begins in the present and rolls back in time, tracing the lives of
wealthy, jaded composer Franklin Shepard and his two estranged friends
through each milestone of their personal and professional lives.  The show
ends with a touch of rueful irony, as the three best friends at the start of
their careers face a bright future: young, talented and enthusiastic about
the worlds waiting to be conquered.

A poignant and emotional contemporary story about the importance of staying
true to one’s ideals, Merrily We Roll Along is a show that crackles with
wit, humor and intensity, touching the heart of anyone who has ever dared to
pursue a dream.  The message is simple: it’s our time
breathe it in
worlds
to change and worlds to win.  Whether we look back, look around or look
beyond, there is this to believe in – We can change the world.

Proceeds of this show will go to the Gawad Kalinga Program, an organization
backed by the whole Ateneo community with the aim of not just providing
housing for the poor but more importantly of building the whole nation
through the development of socio-spiritual homes and communities.  Together,
we can dream of changing the world.

Show dates are scheduled on December 10, 11, 17 & 18 (8pm) and December 12 &
19 (3pm) at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Buendia corner
Ayala Avenue, Makati City.  For tickets and other inquiries, contact JB
Pascual at 0916 5565404 or log on to www.bluerep.org

Feel the flow

Hear what’s happening:

We’re what’s happening.

Long ago, all we had was that funny feeling

Saying, “Someday, we’ll send them reeling.”

Now it looks like we can.

Someday just began.

--Our Time, Merrily We Roll Along

PLEASE PASS