[Blueboard] Adopt-a-Child Project

CLCP Secretariat clcp at admu.edu.ph
Wed Dec 1 09:05:36 PHT 2004

ACLC ATENEO DE MANILA CHRISTIAN LIFE COMMUNITY
COLAYCO HALL, ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY, LOYOLA HEIGHTS, Q.C.
PHONE: 426-6001 LOC. 5061

November 24, 2004

Greetings!

The Ateneo de Manila Christian Life Community (ACLC) is an accredited
socially-oriented organization of the Ateneo and a member of the
Christian Life Community of the Philippines with a fourfold formation
program consisting of the Spiritual, Apostolate, Education, and
Community aspects.  On weekends, we visit the different communities in
Payatas such as UNO, DOS, TRES, TRESE, and PAYATAS A, as an integral
part of our apostolate formation program.  Our apostolic work consists
of enrichment activities, tutoring, and teaching catechism to the kids.
Aside from that, we make it a point to establish friendships with both
kids and adults of the communities through social investigation.

In our continuing effort to help the children of Payatas, we will be
having our annual outreach program called Adopt-a-Child.  Five years in
the running, Adopt-a-Child is an ACLC fundraising project that allows
the members of the Ateneo community to sponsor, or "adopt", a Payatas
kid this Christmas.  Their sponsorship will help subsidize expenses for
the First Holy Communion and Confirmation of children from different
areas in Payatas as well as expenditures to hold a Christmas Party for
400 kids in the Ateneo.  But more than a fundraising activity, the
project hopes to provide a venue for awareness and active involvement of
the greater Ateneo community in sharing the Christmas spirit with our
brothers and sisters in Payatas.  The Adopt-a-Child Week will be held
from November 30 to December 10, 2004 at the Kostka Extension, Loyola
Schools, while the Christmas Party will be on the 18th of December 2004,
10:00 am to 3:00 pm, at the SEC Field, Loyola Schools.

The success of Adopt-A-Child, however, cannot be possible without the
necessary partnerships with friends and the rest of the Ateneo
community.   We would therefore like to request for your assistance and
share in our effort to make this special event successful.  Attached
herewith is the list of expenses and materials that will be needed for
the entire project.  Please feel free to contact Ays Sytengco at
0917-5315598 or ays99 at yahoo.com if you wish to take part in this
momentous event, or for any other questions.  It is our earnest desire
to see the brightest of smiles on the faces of our kids during this
Yuletide season.  We hope you can give us a helping hand in this
endeavor.

Thank you and may the spirit of Christmas be always with you!

Sincerely,

Aylene Y. Sytengco
Adopt-a-Child 2004 Project Head

Noted by:

Je Ching-Wu
ACLC Moderator

Bro. Renel Dimacali
ACLC Moderator

ADOPT-A-CHILD 2004

List of Materials and Expenses

For this year's Adopt-a-Child Christmas Party, we will be having a
carnival-like atmosphere. Thus, the following is a list of the things
that you can assist us with, in line with our theme:

Booths (7)                                           Php  6,000.00
Transportation (20 jeepneys)                      12,000.00
Mobile/Sound system (1)                            3,500.00
Stage (1)                                                      6,000.00
Ice cream stations (4)                                  8,000.00
Cotton Candy stands (2)                              3,000.00
Prizes for activities/games (A)                                2,500.00
(B)                                          2,500.00

** we are very willing to anything that you may want to contribute for
the children's give-aways/lootbags. (i.e. toiletries, school-related
materials, coloring materials).