[Blueboard] Vigil for Peace

gesu at admu.edu.ph gesu at admu.edu.ph
Thu Apr 29 08:47:05 PHT 2004

To the Ateneo Community and Alumni,

Peace of the Risen Lord!

As election day draws near, the call to more fervent prayer becomes ever more
urgent.  As we Filipinos have always done in crucial moments in our history, we
once again turn to God to seek His light and implore that He be with us in this
important step toward nation building.  We beg the Lord that the electoral
process be honest, orderly and peaceful and that our people may put into
office "wise, capable, and upright leaders who will lead our country to moral
renewal and to lasting stability, prosperity and peace."

In this light, we hope to gather as one community of faith and be united in
praying for the National Elections.  There will be a  VIGIL FOR PEACE on the
eve of election day,  May 9, 2004, at the Church of the Gesù. The vigil will
begin with a Mass at 8:00 in the evening with Fr. Jojo Magadia, SJ as presider
and homilist.  This will then be followed by an exposition of the Blessed
Sacrament which will go on until the following day, May 10,  ending with a
Mass, as the polling precincts open,  at 8:00 in the morning.  Fr. Danny Huang,
SJ will be the celebrant on this closing mass.

We hope you can participate in this activity and pledge to visit the Blessed
Sacrament at the Gesù to keep vigil for at least an hour and pray for our
people and our nation.

In Gesù,

Gesù Liturgical Committee

For inquiries, commments or suggestions, kindly contact:

                          GESU LITURGICAL COMMITTEE
                             Church of the Gesu
                        Ateneo de Manila University

		            Telephone Numbers:

      For reservations:  Marife at 426-6069 or 426-6001 loc.4071
	   To contact the Gesu Campus Ministers:
	  	   Edmark at 426-6001 loc. 5160-61
		   Jerome at 426-6001 loc. 7154

		            Fax Number:  426-6088