[Blueboard] Team Bulletin #2

Efren Debulgado edebulgado at ateneo.edu
Mon Apr 26 08:42:24 PHT 2004

We would like to announce that Coach William "Bogs" Adornado has
tendered his resignation from the Ateneo Blue Eagles coaching
staff effective April 30, 2004.

At present, the Ateneo coaching staff handles the PBL Team, the
candidates to the UAAP Season 67 team and the training team (Team
B). This requires a complement of full-time coaches who can serve
all the needs of these teams which includes planning for games,
review of previous games, individual player training, team
training and practices and participation in tournaments.

As Assistant Coach of the Shell PBA Team, Bogs cannot serve
full-time with the Ateneo coaching staff because the practices,
coaching staff meetings, team games and other related events of
the Shell Turbo Chargers which he is required to attend many
times conflict and will continue to conflict with the schedules
of the Ateneo team. Team management and he discussed and tried to
work-out a part-time work arrangement with the Ateneo but after a
trial period, it became clear that we need his services on a
full-time basis to be able to provide complete and total support
for all the responsibilities of the coaching staff. We need a
complement of full-time coaches for this purpose.

We wish to thank Coach Bogs for his four years of service to the
Ateneo which has been an invaluable help to the championship team
in 2002 and the runner-up teams of 2001 and 2003. He was
instrumental in developing the skills of many Ateneo players,
including those who are now in professional basketball. Bogs will
always be a member of the Ateneo family and we wish him all the
best in his personal and professional endeavors, particularly in
his job as Assistant Coach to the Shell Turbochargers.

We also wish to announce that Mr. Bob Marquicias has tendered his
resignation from the Ateneo Blue Eagle team effective end of the
month for personal and family reasons. Bob was a valuable member
of Coach Joel Banal's staff in 2002 and 2003 and always had the
good of the team and the individual players at heart. We wish to
thank Bob for his invaluable services to and concern for the team
and to the university. We likewise wish him the best as he moves
on to other responsibilities and undertakings.

We would also wish to announce that, to beef up the coaching
staff, Mr.Gabby Severino joined us as full-time assistant coach
two weeks ago. Gabby was previously assistant coach of the Ateneo
Lady Blue Eagles and is a member of the teaching staff of the
Ateneo Basketball School. We welcome him to the coaching staff of
the Ateneo Blue Eagles.