[Blueboard] Re: Intersect

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Thu Apr 22 11:29:05 PHT 2004

The latest Intersect issue is now out!

Philippine Democracy: Will it Self-Destruct?

There is a pervading sense of doom at the national level - chaos,
controversies and scandals have rocked Philippine politics these past few
months, pushing many of our countrymen to flee to distant shores for survival.
This extreme negativity is blamed on the way politics is run in our country.
The disorder at the national level has dampened the Filipinos’ spirit, and has
made us feel that our democracy is on the verge of destruction. It has made us
flee to distant shores.

The Intersect, a quarterly magazine from the Institute on Church and Social
Issues (ICSI), tells us this summer that it is not Philippine democracy that
is on the verge of destruction. It is elitist politics that may sooner or
later end.

Despite the chaos at the national level, the Intersect offers hope - progress
and peace is slowly being reached. The Intersect steers your attention to the
finest changes that have happened in our country and where they come from -
not from leaders we have voted or rallied to power, but from people who live
in small cities and towns who have managed to come together to implement
development projects that answer their needs. At the local level, there are
groups working together to reach common goals.

If you are tired of reading scandals and controversies, buy the Intersect now!
Its pages are full of hope and concrete examples of ways we can help our
country reach progress.

For orders and subscription visit or contact our office at:

Institute on Church and Social Issues
2/F ISO Building
Social Development Complex
Ateneo de Manila University