[Blueboard] Volunteer for NAMFREL! Please Pass this on!

Angelo Atadero anjatadero at hotpop.com
Sat Apr 17 20:38:00 PHT 2004

NAMFREL Quezon City wants YOU!
National Citizens' Movement for Free Elections

As we all know, one of the most crucial elections in Philippine history will be held on May 10. Even as this brings doubts, frustrations and conflicts, it also opens a venue for Filipinos to exercise our vigilance, faith and participation.
This is the reason why for the past twenty years, the National Citizens' Movement for Free Elections or NAMFREL has been in existence: to mobilize our people to not lose hope in the democratic system of the country by guarding the activities and results of the elections.

YOU CAN BE INVOLVED! Quezon City, having the largest voting population, needs all the support from its constituency. VOLUNTEER FOR NAMFREL TODAY!

District Volunteer

District volunteers get into the thick of the action, working in the various districts and precincts of Quezon City during election day itself. District work may range from poll watching and/or the secure transportation of election returns to the Quezon City vote count center at the Ateneo. District volunteers need to be at least 18 years old.

Vote Count Volunteer
Vote count volunteers are the lifeblood of NAMFREL QC's Operation Vote Count (OVC). Vote count work essentially means taking a shift to encode the results from the election returns. QC Counting Center will be at the Ateneo de Manila University.

Procedure:
  1.. For District Volunteers, please get in touch with us through namfrelqc at yahoo.com or 09185057594 ASAP. Please indicate your preferred district on the subject line / text message (e.g. "District Volunteer for QC District 3").
  2.. For Vote Count Volunteers, send your contact information and preferred training date & time (choose below) to namfrelqc at yahoo.com or 09185057594.You only need to attend one three-hour training session.
Vote Count Training Sessions:

April 24 (8-11 am or 11-2pm) or April 25 (8-11am)

Please feel free to contact us at namfrelqc at yahoo.com or 09185057594 should you have any questions!

 It's not the voting that's democracy, it's the counting.

Tom Stoppard

VOLUNTEER for NAMFREL TODAY!