[Blueboard] Pathways Youth Conference

pathways at admu.edu.ph pathways at admu.edu.ph
Sat Apr 17 09:45:03 PHT 2004

Please post.

     The 1st Pathways National Youth Conference formally ended yesterday with
Dr. Solita "Winnie" Monsod of the UP School of Economic delivering the closing
remarks. The conference was participated in by more than 30 colleges and
universities all over the Philippines. Most of these schools have pledged to
form their own Pathways initiatives this year in line with our goal of making
Pathways a National movement for Education reform. By the way, Pathways
celebrated its 2nd year anniversary as well yesterday! On behalf of the
organizers of the Pathways Youth Conference we would like to thank the
following groups and individuals for helping us make this event possible and
successful:

     a.) Dr. Anna Miren Intal and the Loyola Schools for hosting our Welcome
Dinner.

     b.) Fr. Tito Caluag, Ms. Sonia Araneta and Mr. Jun Dalandan of the OPDAA
for hosting our Entertainment Night.

     c.) Ms. Lourdes Sumpaico and the OAS for providing us with the venues and
the technical support.

     d.) Mr. Rene San Andres for taking time out to facilitate our group
discussions especially with the administrators who attended the event.

     f.) Ms. Mhir Delos Santos for doing such a wonderful job at hosting the
entertainment night.

     g.) To the Jesuit Communications office for agreeing to provide the
tokens of appreciation for our speakers.

     h.) To the members of the Ateneo community who continue to believe,
support and pray for our mission of providing access to education for
disadvantaged and marginalized students.

     i.) Last but certainly not the least, to our inspiration and mentor, Fr.
Ben Nebres, for always believing in us and for always being there for us
whenever we need a guiding light as we continue to develop Pathways for our
Filipino brothers and sisters.

     Again, thank you very much for all the support that all of you have given
to Pathways for the last 2 years! :) We hope that you will continue to believe
that indeed the Filipino child deserves a more meaningful and productive
future, and we can only do this through quality education!