[Blueboard] Help for Fire Victims

fsoriano at ateneo.edu fsoriano at ateneo.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:46:45 PHT 2004

To the Ateneo Community

     Good day!

     Last April 13, Tuesday, a fire hit a squatters' area in San Pedro,
Laguna. At least 16 families were affected. One of them was the family of
Mr. Florencio Sarah, a regular (suki) foster family of our Th141 students
undergoing immersion in the New Bilibid Prison Reservations, Muntinlupa
City. They were not able to save any of their valuables except for their
lives (including 3 year old child). At present, they are temporarily
residing at their neighbor's house. Co-workers from the Pag-asa sa Paglaya
Kandila Cooperative ration them food each day.

    The Office for Social Concern and Involvement together  with the
Philippine Jesuit Prison Service (PJPS) would like to seek for your
immediate assistance to Mr. Sarah's family. We accept any form of
donation whether in cash or in kind.

    They have welcomed our students openly into their homes. Now is our
turn to help them as they start to build their home - their lives once
more. Thank you!

Floy V. Soriano
formator - OSCI
Ground Floor, Bellarmine Bldg.