[Blueboard] Palm Sunday at the Gesu

Church of Gesu gesu at admu.edu.ph
Fri Apr 2 16:10:58 PHT 2004

Palm Sunday is the sixth and last Sunday in Lent, and the first day of
Holy Week.  It recalls the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem riding upon an
ass, when his followers shouted "Hosanna" (which means "save us") and
scattered palms in his path. He enters the city to complete his work as
our Savior, to suffer, to die, and to rise again. We go with him in faith
and love, so that, united with him in his sufferings, we may share his
risen life.

        PALM SUNDAY
	April 4, 2004, 10:30 AM
        Church of the Gesu
	Presider and Homilist: Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, SJ
	Choir: Ateneo Chamber Singers
	Sponsor: College Batch 84

* Palms will be sold outside of the church. Proceeds of which will go to
the Scholarship Fund.

"Let these palms be for us signs of his victory,
and grant that we who bear them in his name may ever
hail him as our King, and follow him in the way
that leads to eternal life."  (from the Palm Sunday liturgy)

For inquiries, commments or suggestions, kindly contact:

                          GESU LITURGICAL COMMITTEE
                             Church of the Gesu
                        Ateneo de Manila University

		            Telephone Numbers:

      For reservations:  Marife at 426-6069 or 426-6001 loc.4071
	   To contact the Gesu Campus Ministers:
	  	   Edmark at 426-6001 loc. 5160-61
		   Jerome at 426-6001 loc. 7154

		            Fax Number:  426-6088