[Blueboard] Appointment of Mr. Simon C. Mossessgeld as Team Manager of Ateneo UAAP Men's Basketball Team

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Mon Jan 20 13:25:04 PHT 2003

Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO   :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM   :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT  :    APPOINTMENT OF MR. SIMON C. MOSSESGELD
                          AS TEAM MANAGER OF THE ATENEO DE MANILA
                           UAAP MEN’S BASKETBALL TEAM

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am pleased to announce to the University community the appointment of Mr. Simon C. Mossesgeld as the Team Manager of the Ateneo de Manila UAAP Men’s Basketball Team effective 1 January 2003.  As Team Manager, Mr. Mossesgeld will be primarily responsible for the following areas of concern of the team:

·        team operations;

·        coordination with the different university offices with regard team needs, e.g., University Athletics, Loyola Schools’ Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Loyola Schools’ Dean of Student Affairs;

·        team relations with the general university community, i.e., student body, faculty, administrators and staff;

·        team relations with particular members of the university community, i.e., alumni, parents and other supporters;

·        team’s media relations;

·        team staff, both coaching and support staffs; and

·        players’ general welfare, formation and conduct.

He will also be consulted with regard to all events involving the team and the formulation of school policies that affect the team.

Mr. Mossesgeld will be reporting to a Basketball Oversight Committee that has been discharging, through Fr. Carmelo A. Caluag II, S.J., the above-mentioned tasks for the past two seasons. The members of this committee are:

Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, S.J.

Fr. Carmelo A. Caluag II, S.J.

Mr. Jose A. Capistrano, Jr.

Mr. Manuel V. Pangilinan

Mr. Cecilio K. Pedro

Mr. Mossesgeld recently retired as Associate Director of Ayala Corporation and Manager of Research, Training and Organizational Development of Ayala Land, Inc.  He joined Ayala Corporation in 1978 after eight years with the Ateneo de Manila Grade School as teacher and student counselor. His twenty-five year service in Ayala was mostly in the area of human resources development, with a year of work in commercial center management and three years as Team Manager of the Purefoods PBA Basketball Team from January 1996 to December 1998.  For the past four years, he has also been active in the Ayala Young Leaders Congress and thus has been a resource person on leadership and related topics to different colleges and universities nationwide.  He is also active in the Magis Deo Community and the Center for Ignatian Spirituality.  He is a member of GS’60, HS’64 and College’69 and had earned masteral units from our Education and Psychology Departments.

I wish to thank Mr. Mossesgeld for accepting this important responsibility of Team Manager. His entry is part of the university’s effort to improve and to professionalize the management of our various varsity teams.  May I ask the University community to welcome and extend its support to Mr. Mossesgeld.

                                                                                    BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.