[Blueboard] Prayers for Jose Ramon "Jay" Llamas

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Tue Jan 14 16:45:25 PHT 2003

Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO    :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM    :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT    :    PRAYERS FOR JOSE RAMON “JAY” LLAMAS

            I would like to ask for the prayers of the Ateneo community for JOSE RAMON “JAY” LLAMAS.  As you may have read in the newspapers, Jay was killed in a very tragic shooting incident last Friday, January 10.  Several Jesuits including myself have said Mass for him over the last few days.  His classmates in the Ateneo Law School have been with him and with the family since this tragedy.  We in the Ateneo community really wish to be with his family and friends in this time of overwhelming grief.

            This tragedy also invites us to reflect on violence in our country and to pray and to ask how we may through our prayers and through our lives contribute to the inner renewal and reform that we need individually and as a national community to prevent in the future such tragedies that take away from us so much promise and so much hope in our youth.

                                                                                    BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.