[Blueboard] Ateneo de Manila Family Congress

Efren Debulgado edebulgado at ateneo.edu
Sat Feb 22 10:52:06 PHT 2003

Ateneo de Manila Family Congress

The Ateneo de Manila Grade School and High School Parents Councils will
be holding the 1st Ateneo Family Congress with the theme, "A Family
Quest: Accompanying our sons through Today's Challenges." The congress
will be held at the Henry Lee Irwin Theater at the Loyola Campus of the
Ateneo de Manila University on Saturday, March 1, 2003 from 8:00 a.m. to
4:00 p.m.

The congress will feature keynote addresses and presentations by
nationally known experts on family and education issues. We hope to be
able to tackle the issues confronting the formation of the male child
and adolescent into men of character and virtue amid today's changing
social environment. Being one of the few Philippine schools that offer
basic education programs exclusively for boys and adolescent males, the
Ateneo believes that its parents should be aware of the unique concerns
affecting the lives of male students in the world today. More
specifically, the Congress will present and discuss the following topics:

. Disciplining with Love by Peter and Deonna TanChi
. Strengthening Self Esteem and Developing Resiliency by Dido Villasor
. Understanding the "Misbehavior" of the Male Child and Adolescent by
Alex Mallare
. Managing Conflicts with Our Sons by Mila du Lagrosa
. Building and Rebuilding Relationships with Our Sons by Honey Carandang
. "Usapang Lalaki" by Clem Guillermo
. Handling Academic Pressures by Queena Lee Chua
. Person of the Woman by Harriet Hormillosa

The Congress Coordinating Committee headed by Mrs. Maribel S. Dionisio,
has organized these topics into a format which will enable the
participants to choose topics which they believe are most relevant to them.

The keynote speaker will be Rev. Ruben M. Tanseco, SJ, the founder and
President of the Center for Family Ministries Foundation, Inc. and
delivering the final plenary session address will be Rev, Bienvenido F.
Nebres, SJ, President of the Ateneo de Manila University.

This 1st Ateneo Family Congress is spearheaded by the Ateneo de Manila
University Director of Basic Education, Fr. Alberto V. Ampil, SJ
together with Danilo S. Feliciano and Mrs. Carmen A. Afable, High School
and Grade School Parent Council Chairpersons, respectively.

Some major and principal sponsors include Metro Working Mom Magazine,
Splash Corporation/hbc Health Care, Equitable Card Network, Unilab,
PLDT, HSBC, RFM Corporation, Tropical Ice, and St. John Waters.