[Blueboard] Prayer Vigil on Saturday, February 22, 2003

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Thu Feb 20 09:47:26 PHT 2003

Fr. Ben Nebres, S.J. would like to request the University community to participate as fully as possible in the following request of Fr. Ariston Sison, Jr., Parish Priest of Sta. Maria del la Strada.

                                                                                            February 17, 2003

My dear Parishoners of the Sta. Maria del la Strada Parish,

In the light of the grave threat of war now facing our country and the world, the Most. Rev. Bishop Ramon C. Arguelles, Bishop of the Military Diocese and of our Overseas Workers, has initiated an urgent Prayer for Peace Campaign:

"WITH THE EUCHARIST AND MARY'S ROSARY
TOWARDS WORLD PEACE"

The purpose of this campaign is to organize a prayerful response to the call for peace, centered on the more intensive praying of the Holy Rosary and Eucharistic Adoration, during this time of crisis.   The core activity of this Prayer Campaign is the holding of Prayer Vigils every Saturday in different parishes.

The campaign also intends to help renew and deepen the faithful's understanding and love for the Holy Rosary and the Holy Eucharist.  Therefore, the Saturday vigil has been organized to be a truly fervent and reverent experience and shall include a reflection on the meaning of the Holy Rosary and Eucharistic Adoration in bringing about true peace.

Our Sta. Maria del la Strada Parish has been selected as the host of the 2nd Prayer Vigil.  Being the host parish, I am calling for your wholehearted support and participation in this 2nd Prayer Vigil, to be held this coming Saturday, February 22, 2003, from 3 to 7 p.m.  I am most hopeful that the program and reflection talk of this coming Saturday's Vigil can be used by our different parish organizations and communities as an important reference in propagating this intensive Prayer Campaign for Peace.

I am further appealing for your full support and participation to begin propagating this more intensified praying of the Holy Rosary and Eucharistic Adoration in your respective families, communities, and organizations as soon as possible, as our response to this urgent call for peace.  For more information, please call Ms. Gloria Ara'a, tel. 929-7790 or 928-9436. Thank you very much.

                                                                                        Most truly yours,

                                                                                        Rev. Fr. Ariston L. Sison, Jr.
                                                                                        Parish Priest