[Blueboard] POLICY AGAINST DRUG USE

personnel at admu.edu.ph personnel at admu.edu.ph
Thu Feb 6 16:53:42 PHT 2003

DATE	:	05 February 2003

MEMO TO	:	The University Community

FROM	:	The Personnel Director

SUBJECT	:	POLICY AGAINST DRUG USE

The Ateneo de Manila University is committed to providing its students,
employees, visitors, and the greater Ateneo community an environment that is
clean, safe, and peaceful.

In pursuing this mission, the Staff Handbook and Work Rules contain our policy
against being under the influence of, possessing, using, distributing, and / or
peddling of restricted or banned items such as narcotics and other dangerous
drugs, like shabu, cocaine, marijuana, etc.

Therefore, any employee suspected of being under the influence of drugs will be
immediately required to undergo drug testing.  Refusal to comply with this rule
will be subject to further disciplinary action.

Furthermore, we are elevating the penalty of “being under the influence of,
possessing, using, distributing, and / or peddling of restricted or banned
items such as narcotics and other dangerous drugs like shabu, cocaine, etc.” to
grounds for termination.

We trust everyone will appreciate the importance of keeping our community safe
and peaceful and we look forward to the support and cooperation of everyone.

Thank you.