[Blueboard] Death of Prof. Gloria C. Benigno

Rona Valenzuela ronapres at admu.edu.ph
Tue Sep 10 16:29:38 PHT 2002

Clear Day

Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO    :    The UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM    :    The PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT    :    DEATH OF PROF. GLORIA C. BENIGNO

In your prayers, PLEASE REMEMBER

PROF. GLORIA C. BENIGNO

Faculty Member, Ateneo Graduate School of Business

            who died peacefully in her sleep on September 9, 2002.  She was 84 yrs. old and was the oldest member of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business faculty.  She is the sister of well-known columnist, Teodoro C. Benigno.

            Prof. Benigno graduated with an MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1966 among the first batch of MBA graduates.  She started teaching at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1978 and continued teaching at the School until her death.  She still taught her class last Saturday afternoon and attended the reception we held for MBA graduates from the military last Friday evening.

            She is being waked at the Loyola Memorial Chapels, Guadalupe, 2nd Floor, Chapel C.  The interment will be on Friday, September 13, 2002 at the Manila Memorial Park, Parañaque after the 10:00 a.m. Mass at the Manila Memorial Park Chapel.

            We will inform the community of any special Masses that the Ateneo will hold for the repose of her soul.  May I ask for your prayers for Prof. Benigno and her family.

                                                                                    BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.