[Blueboard] Invitation to Pathways to Higher Education

Harvey S. Keh hskeh at admu.edu.ph
Tue Sep 10 14:25:36 PHT 2002

Please Post.

Dear fellow members of the Ateneo community,

    Greetings of peace!

    It has been four months since we opened shop here at Alingal Hall.
Currently, we have around 250 public school students (ranging from 1st to
4th year HS) under our program coming from our 4 areas (Payatas, Baseco,
Marikina and Loyola Heights). However, it was only last week wherein we were
finally blessed to have internet access in our office :) Anyway, I would
like to invite other members of the Ateneo community who would like to
volunteer their time and services for Pathways. If you are interested you
can be part of either of the following groups (you don't need to do
everything under each unit):

    a.) Education Development Unit
            -help in develop curriculums and modules for our Tutorial
Programs.
            -share your time and teach our participants

    b.) Community Development Unit
            -help in the development of livelihood opportunities for the
parents of the participants.
            - help in the formation and implementation of our values module
for the parents.

    c.) Marketing and Strategy
            -help in looking for prospective donors to help fund the college
education of our participants (e.g., tuition and fees, food allowance,
transpo allowance, etc.)
            -help in developing collaterals (e.g., brochure, flyers, etc.)
for the promotion of Pathways
            -help in looking for donations for our Resource Center (e.g.,
books, reference materials, computers, book shelves, etc.)

    Please email me at hskeh at admu.edu.ph if you would like to be part of
Pathways.

    Or.... if you think you don't fit in any of these groups but would still
like to receive information regarding Pathways.... email me as well at
hskeh at admu.edu.ph

    Thanks for taking time out to read about us. We hope that you will join
us in our mission of helping the financially underprivileged attain a more
productive future through education.

    Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Harvey S. Keh
Director
Pathways to Higher Education

“We hope to alleviate poverty by providing access to education and a
wholistic formation to our less fortunate brothers and sisters.”
                                            -Vision of Pathways