[Blueboard] 2003 season of the Ateneo Basketball League
efren at admu.edu.ph
Mon Oct 14 08:39:06 PHT 2002
TO ALL ATENEO ADMINISTRATORS, FACULTY, AND STAFF
The Office of Planning and Development and Alumni Affairs (OPDAA)
would like to invite everyone to join the 2003 season of the
Ateneo Basketball League. If you are interested, kindly pick up
an application form at the OPDAA c/o Jeng. The deadline for the
submission of the form is on or before October 31, 2002.
For your reference, you may want to check out the official
website of the 2002 ABL season at www.atenista.net/abl. If you
have any additional questions, please course them through e-mail:
abl at admu.edu.ph or via telephone through Jun Dalandan at
telephone nos. 426-6081/82.
Sponsors of ABL 2003 include Air Philippines, Coke, Globe
Telecom, Powerade, Purefoods, San Miguel Corporation, and Viva!
Director Alumni Affairs
ABL 2003 BASIC INFORMATION
(Please note that this is subject to change.)
31 October 2002 - Submission of initial rosters (not final roster
12 November 2002 Payment of tournament fees and uniform costs
Between January 11 to April 19, 2002 (Saturdays and Sundays)
1. Ateneo alumni students in any Ateneo school (college, high
school, grade school, masters, law, business, or provincial
schools) for two consecutive years. Current students who are by
definition already alumni are eligible to play.
2. Ateneo employee must be recognized by personnel department
as an Ateneo employee for the duration of the tournament
1. Teams must have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18 players.
2. Except for teams in two divisions (Ouano and Dalupan), all
teams can only have one (1) player who is also in another team in
another division on their roster.
3. For teams in the Ouano and Dalupan Division, there will be no
restrictions to the number of players in their roster who are
also in other teams in other divisions.
Blue Eagle Gym and Moro Lorenzo Sports Center (other venues like
the Acropolis and Meralco Gyms may be used if needed)
1. Teams will be grouped into divisions based on relative age and
strength. Teams will play only teams in their division for the
2. Teams play a maximum of 7 elimination round games.
3. If no undefeated team, top 4 teams advance to knockout
semifinal matches for each division: (1st seed vs. 4th seed, 2nd
seed vs. 3rd seed)
4. If there is one undefeated team, said team advances to finals.
2nd seed meets 3rd seed in a knockout semifinal match.
5. The championship for each division will be a single game.
Players must use the official ABL reversible blue and white
jerseys and shorts. Players may use their uniforms from ABL 2002.
1. Individual, team, game, and career statistics (posted on ABL
2. MVP, Mythical Five, and a Best Defensive Player per division
Teams must be named after members of the Ateneo Sports Hall of
Fame or after generally acceptable Ateneo alumni or personalities
(e.g Team Cruz)
PHP 15,000.00 (cost of uniforms not included)
PHP 250.00 for each jersey (up to a certain size)
PHP 250.00 for each pair of shorts (up to a certain size)
22 November 2002- Divisions to be set. Teams may set additional
guidelines for their division subject to ABL approval (i.e.
minimum age requirement)
More information about the Blueboard