[Blueboard] Trips of Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, S.J. for October 2002

Rona Valenzuela ronapres at admu.edu.ph
Thu Oct 3 10:28:36 PHT 2002

Clear Day
Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO   :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM   :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT   :    TRIPS FOR OCTOBER 2002

I will be making the following trips:

U.S.

Date:                         Wednesday, October 9 to Tuesday, October 15

Purpose:                    Originally, this trip was scheduled from October 3 to October 9 for me to attend the Board of Trustees Meeting at Regis University and to spend some time with family in New York and in Detroit.  Because of the UAAP Championship game this coming Saturday, I have moved it to the above dates.

Officer-in-Charge:     Mr. Jose M. Santos, Vice President for Finance and Treasurer

HONG KONG

Date:                         Wednesday, October 23 to Friday, October 25

Purpose:                    I have been invited to give a paper at a Study Conference of the International Commission on Mathematical Instruction at the University of Hong Kong.  This Study Conference is to prepare a monograph on “Mathematics Education in Different Cultural Traditions: A Comparative Study of East Asia and the West”.  It is important for us because Philippine Mathematics education has tended to follow the Western tradition, but the ways of teaching Mathematics in the East Asian traditions have proven more effective for many students.

Officer-in-Charge:     Dr. Antonette P. Angeles, Academic Vice President

My office has my contact addresses and phone numbers.

                                                                                    BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.