[Blueboard] Pasko Naming HANGAD 7:30PM Dec 6 at the Gesu

Mark Lopez mlopez at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 25 20:29:10 PHT 2002

PASKO NAMING HANGAD
Album Launching
FRIDAY Dec 6, 2002 7:30PM
Church of the Gesu
Free Admission

Dear Friends in the Ateneo Community,

The memory of your overwhelming support when we launched HANGAD Acapella! only
five months ago, remains clear to our minds and dear to our hearts.

It is therefore partly in disbelief, but more in joy and with an immense sense
of gratitude that we will be launching our Christmas album:  Pasko Naming HANGAD
so soon after the release of our last album.

Pasko Naming HANGAD is our Christmas offering to you, our dear friends, and is
an expression of our desire and invitation to return to the simplicty that
Christmas calls us to.  We very much hope you again grace us by your presence,
as we celebrate the season of light, hope and love in the best way we know how -
through music and prayer.

In behalf of Hangad and the Jesuit Music Ministry of the Jesuit Communications
Foundation, a merry, merry Christmas to all of you. See you at the Gesu!

"Prophecies and apparitions... angels and comets, travelers from strange
lands bringing frankincense and myrrh. The first Christmas may be far from what
modern society has made it out to be, but it is closer to our hearts because of
the realities and the stories that it told. And it is of these that we boldly
sing: of finding meaning in our poverty and in our struggle against it, in
rising from the trials that life brings us, of reaching the end of a long
seemingly hopeless journey, and in seeking and finding God in all things - even
in the most unlikely of places, like in the baby born in a manger."
(Excerpt from Pasko Naming Hangad CD insert)