[Blueboard] TRIPS FOR NOVEMBER 2002

President's Office aseus at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 4 13:49:30 PHT 2002

ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY
Office of the President

Memo to:                 The University Community

From:                        The President

Re:                            TRIPS FOR NOVEMBER 2002

I will be making the following trips:

U.S.

Date:                            Wednesday, November 6 to Wednesday, November 13
Purpose:                      To participate in an international conference on globalization for leaders in Jesuit Institutions of higher learning:  GLOBALIZATION AS SEEN FROM THE DEVELOPING WORLD in University of Santa Clara, California. The objective of the conference is to develop a research agenda for Jesuit universities worldwide. I am on the panel for "Globalization and Poverty" and framed the questions for "Globalization and the Family." I

                                    will also meet with Ateneo faculty in San Francisco and at Stanford.

Officer-in Charge: Dr. Antonette P. Angeles, Academic Vice President

HONG KONG

Date:                            Thursday, November 21 to Friday, November 22

Purpose:                      To attend the 2nd joint board meeting of LEWI and the Wing Lung Bank International Institute for Business Development (IIBD). We are members of both networks and we expect to finalize student exchange between Ateneo de Manila University and Hong Kong Baptist University.

Officer-in-Charge: Mr. Jose M. Santos, Vice President for Finance and Treasurer

My office has my contact addresses and phone numbers.

                                                                           BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.

                                                                                                     President

Best viewed using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express 6.0