[Blueboard] job vacancy at essc
essc at admu.edu.ph
Tue May 28 16:48:11 PHT 2002
The Environmental Science for Social Change, Inc. (ESSC) is a non-stock, non-profit research institution that offers a career for qualified candidates for the following positions:
PWG Program Manager
The qualified applicant shall work closely with the Director in the management and integration of different work activities of the Philippine Working Group (PWG), as well as directly coordinating with the Luzon and Mindanao Program Management and the Visayas Project Management.
He/she shall have responsibility in the conduct of ESSC's strategic operations on political and non-political issues on Natural Resources Management (NRM) policies and programs, local governance, political economy, etc. conducting data gathering, interviews and doing investigative reporting.
· Development work experience or related socio-cultural or environmental background.
· Understanding of current issues in political, environment, culture and development.
· Excellent writing skills. Proven management experience, demonstrating competencies in budgeting, program, and personnel management.
· Proven skills in assessment, planning, and implementation.
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills, in particular an ability to rapidly assimilate, analyze and report on complex information.
· Fluent in spoken English and Tagalog, and/or any local language.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate and work sensitively with people from a variety of cultural and social backgrounds.
· Willing and able to travel frequently for extended periods and to remote areas.
· Computer literacy in MS Word and Excel at the minimum.
· The tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to deal with a wide range of people.
The qualified applicant will work directly with the Director. He/She has over all responsibility for assisting the Director in carrying out day-to-day activities and tasks including coordinating interaction with various groups and individuals. Also, he/she is tasked with the following activities: (1) management of correspondence; (2) filing; (3) keeping and updating of directory, mailing list, range of communications (phone call, fax, e-mail); (4) scheduling of appointments and meetings; (5) responsible for funds and travel; (6) upkeep of vehicle and other equipment; and (6) other related activities/tasks as may be assigned by the Director.
· College degree holder or 3-5 years relevant experience.
· Must possess the following abilities:
(a) creative thinking, technical writing, documentation, and oral communication;
(b) knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and other related application programs;
(c) willingness to work overtime when necessary;
(d) inter-agency coordination skills;
(e) flexibility; and
(f) capability to work with minimum supervision.
Interested applicants may send the following:
1. Letter of application
2. Transcript of records
3. Updated comprehensive resume with references
4. One passport size photo
To: Head, Human Resources
Environmental Science for Social Change
1/F Manila Observatory Building
Ateneo de Manila University Campus
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1018
P.O. Box 244 U.P. Diliman
1101 Quezon City
essc at admu.edu.ph
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard