[Blueboard] SITUATION REPORT
uppa at pusit.admu.edu.ph
Mon May 27 15:00:33 PHT 2002
(Monday - 27 May 2002)
POWER: The High School generator supports all lights in the HS complex, the telephone PABX, and
some office computers. It provides basic power requirement so as not to disrupt ongoing activities for
short power outages. The generator cannot support air conditioning units, classroom electric fans and
all computers simultaneously.
For the first time a generator caught fire on campus last week. This was investigated and the findings are:
1. The generator was overloaded from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. when it caught fire.
2. The generator's overload protector malfunctioned.
3. The overload caused the manifold and exhaust pipe to overheat and affected the fuel lines.
4. The intense heat ignited the diesel fuel that may have leaked from the fuel lines.
5. The generator was not seriously damaged (only burned wires and battery) and can be repaired.
Suggested courses of action to prevent a repeat of this situation:
1. The HS personnel monitoring the generator should disconnect wings with air-con units. In the
last NPC/Meralco outage, the janitor had requested offices to turn off air con units and had asked
teachers to turn off electric fans three times. In all cases, the air con and electric fans were turned
on after he left.
2. Most senior occupants of offices and teachers in classrooms should cooperate and have air cons
and electric fans turned off.
3. Physical Plant personnel will inspect all 16 generators on campus (8 belonging to the university
and 8 to affiliated units) during prolonged power outages.
Physical Plant personnel noted that the generator in Bellarmine Hall was exceeding its amperage. They
asked the occupants to switch off their air-con units. The occupants immediately complied with the
request and the generator was not overloaded.
COMMUNICATION: To counter the spread of virus via the Internet, the community is reminded to
delete messages from unknown persons and not to open attachments.
APS: Reminder to APS-Salcedo personnel that The World Centre Condominium Association, Inc. will
have a fire drill on Thursday 30 May at 10:00 a.m.
For the information of APS-Rockwell and Salcedo personnel, details of the "Araw ng Makati Grand
Parade on Friday, 31 May are:
Assembly: Back of LKG Tower, Valero St. (between Citiland 10 & Herrera St.)
Time: 3:00 pm.
Parade route: from Herrera St. up to Intercon Hotel
The APS delegation is requested to bring a streamer or flag. No need to bring drums because Makati
Commercial Estate Association hired a lyre & bugle/band.
TRAFFIC: The community is requested to have vehicles tested now. Exhaust emission testing on
campus is limited to the Ateneo community only.
Please email comments to uppa at admu.edu.ph
Situation Report of 27 May 2002 is also posted at http://www.admu.edu.ph/upp/advisory.htm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard