[Blueboard] BUDGET APPROPRIATION SUMMARY

cao at admu.edu.ph cao at admu.edu.ph
Tue Jul 30 07:35:55 PHT 2002

DATE		:	July 23, 2002

TO		:	All Unit Administrators and Department Chairpersons

FROM		:	Central Accounting Office

SUBJECT	:	Budget Appropriation Summary

We are pleased to provide you with the results of your operations for the First
Quarter ended June 30, 2002.  The management reports were finalized on July 13,
2002, ten days earlier than our usual deadline.  Your unpaid expenses such as
janitorial, security services, agency charges, Jesuit contributed services were
recorded based on previous months’ figures or on your budgeted figures.
However, these accrual entries will be reversed at the beginning of the second
quarter.

For units who have the ADMU-CAO On-line Financial Reporting System installed in
their computers, your units’ financial data are available on-line.  For units
who have not participated in this project, you may either claim the softcopy of
your financial data in Excel format from
Ms. Marlian Prado of our Bookkeeping Section (local 4144), or request her to
electronically send you the file.

May we request you to go over the following financial information: (a) Approved
Budget for FY 2002-2003, (b) the charges, and (c) credits made to your budget.
Please communicate your comments to us so that errors, if any will be
immediately corrected.  To assist in your review, please take note of the
following references used:

Source of Financial Data	Reference Code	Reference Document	Nature
of Transaction
Head Cashier’s Office	OR	Official Receipt	Deposits and
collections turned over to the Head Cashier.
Central Purchasing Office (CPO)	POCSI	Purchase OrderCentral Stores Invoice
	Expenditures initiated through Purchase Requisition forms and processed
by the CPO.Supplies taken from the Central Purchasing Warehouse.
Accounts Payable, CAO	VC	Check Voucher	Expenditures initiated through
Orders for a Check (OC) or reimbursements from the Cashier’s revolving funds or
from the petty cash fund of your respective units for expenses not exceeding
P=500.00.
Bookkeeping,CAO	JE	Journal Entry	Non-cash transactions such as budget
transfers, bank debit or credit memos, adjustments such as accruals,
prepayments or reclassifications.
Physical Plant	JO	Job Order	Cost of labor, direct materials and
overhead charged by the PPLH for work requested by the operating unit.

Most of the charges made to your budget originate from Central Purchasing
Office, either by Purchase Order (PO) or by Central Stores Invoice (CSI).
Since your unit has a copy of both documents, it is very easy to compare the
charges with your file of Purchase Orders and Central Stores Invoices.  We
request you to go over them carefully and inform our office of any cancellation
of orders so that we can revert back to your budget the PO or CSI charges we
uploaded from the CPO system.

Should you have any query regarding your approved budget and our reports, you
may address them to the following:

Reference Document	Unit/Section to call	Local
Journal Entries	CAO - Bookkeeping Section	4144
Check Vouchers	CAO - Accts. Payable Section	4145
Purchase Orders	CAO - Accts. Payable SectionCPO - Central Purchasing Office
	41454131
Official Receipts	CAO - Bookkeeping SectionHead Cashier’s Office	41444064
Central Stores Invoices	CAO - Bookkeeping SectionCPO - Warehouse	41444133
Job Orders	CAO - Bookkeeping SectionPhysical Plant - Loyola	41444101

Your cooperation will allow us to efficiently monitor your FY 2002-2003 budget,
as you desire.

LEONORA P. WIJANGCO
Director, Central Accounting Office

Noted by

JOSE M. SANTOS
Vice President for Finance and Treasurer

cc: file