[Blueboard] Fw: Storm KAKA (Fung-Wong) - Update #20

Rene S. R. San Andres renesans at admu.edu.ph
Thu Jul 25 17:40:56 PHT 2002

TYPHOON 2000 STORM UPDATE #20
Names: TYPHOON KAKA [FUNG-WONG]
Issued: 12:00 PM local (04:00 UTC) Thu 25 July 2002
Next Update: 12:00 AM local (16:00 UTC) tomorrow
Source: PAGASA Bulletin-Alert #07

KAKA HAS WEAKENED INTO A TROPICAL STORM AS IT
CONTINUES TO INTERACT WITH TROPICAL STORM FENGSHEN
TO THE NORTH...

THE PRESENCE OF THIS TWIN CYCLONES WILL CONTINUE TO
ENHANCE THE SOUTHWEST MONSOON RAINS ACROSS LUZON
AND VISAYAS - BECOMING MORE FREQUENT ALONG THE
WESTERN SECTIONS PARTICULARLY METRO MANILA,
PANGASINAN, MINDORO, AND THE LAHAR AFFECTED AREAS
OF CENTRAL LUZON... FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES ARE
POSSIBLE IN LOW-LYING AREAS AND ALONG MOUNTAIN
SLOPES... RESIDENTS ARE ADVISE TO STAY ALERT...

TIME/DATE: 10:00 AM LOCAL (02:00 UTC) 24 JULY
POSITION: 20.8N 133.8E
DISTANCE: 1,200 KM. (645 NM.) EAST OF BASCO, BATANES, PH
MAX SUST WINDS [10-MIN. AVE.]: 110 KPH (60 KTS)
GUSTS: 140 KPH (75 KTS)
CENTRAL PRESSURE: 980 MB.
WAVE HEIGHT**: 20 FEET
FORECAST MOVEMENT: NE @ 19 KPH (10 KTS)
TOWARDS: PHILIPPINE SEA
VIEW TRACKING MAP: http://typhoon2000.ph/kaka02_trak.gif
SIGNALS*: ..None

FORECAST POSITIONS FOR KAKA:
> 8AM (00 UTC) 26 JULY: 24.2N 134.4E
> 8PM (12 UTC) 27 JULY: 27.1N 131.6E

REMARKS: 8AM (00 UTC) 25 JULY POSITION: 20.7N 133.7E.
Tropical Storm KAKA is forecast to be at 1,300 kms east northeast of
Basco, Batanes or at 710 kms east southeast of Okinawa, Japan by
tomorrow morning and will be at 1,180 kms northeast of Basco,
Batanes or at 400 kms northeast of Okinawa, Japan by
Saturday morning.

^A TRMM PASS DEPICTS THE DEEP CONVECTION IN THE
SOUTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE WITH GOOD CURVATURE
WRAPPING INTO THE LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION.

>> FUNG-WONG {pronounced: fung~wong}, meaning: Phoenix, also the name
of a peak in Hong Kong. Name contributed by: Hong Kong

> View the LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY (Courtesy of NPMOC/JTWC) by clicking
this link: http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/sat/gms_nwtrop/ir/gms_nwtrop_ir.jpg

NOTE:

^ - Taken from JTWC's Prognostic Discussion

* - Based on Philippine Storm Warning Signals, # 4 being the
highest. For more info on these signals, visit:
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/signals.htm

** - Based on Tropical Cyclone's Wave Height taken from the latest JTWC
Warning.

For the complete details on TY KAKA (Fung-Wong), visit our website @:

> http://www.typhoon2000.com
> http://www.typhoon2000.ph {http://66.40.4.61}
> http://www.ncf.edu.ph/typhoon (Alternate Site @ Naga College Foundation)

:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm