[Blueboard] Fw: Typhoon KAKA (Fung-Wong) - Update #19

Rene S. R. San Andres renesans at admu.edu.ph
Thu Jul 25 10:15:00 PHT 2002

TYPHOON 2000 STORM UPDATE #19
Names: TYPHOON KAKA [FUNG-WONG]
Issued: 12:00 AM local (16:00 UTC) Thu 25 July 2002
Next Update: 12:00 PM local (04:00 UTC) today
Source: PAGASA Bulletin-Alert #06

TYPHOON KAKA HAS ACCELERATED EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FOR
THE PAST SIX HOURS.

TIME/DATE: 10:00 PM LOCAL (14:00 UTC) 24 JULY
POSITION: 20.8N 131.8E
DISTANCE: 1,000 KM. (537 NM.) EAST OF BASCO, BATANES, PH
MAX SUST WINDS [10-MIN. AVE.]: 120 KPH (65 KTS)
GUSTS: 150 KPH (80 KTS)
CENTRAL PRESSURE: 975 MB.
WAVE HEIGHT**: 12 FEET
FORECAST MOVEMENT: ESE @ 15 KPH (08 KTS)
TOWARDS: PHILIPPINE SEA
VIEW TRACKING MAP: http://typhoon2000.ph/kaka02_trak.gif
SIGNALS*: ..None

FORECAST POSITIONS FOR KAKA:
> 8PM (12 UTC) 25 JULY: 20.5N 135.3E
> 8PM (12 UTC) 26 JULY: 23.0N 138.0E

REMARKS: 8PM (12 UTC) 24 JULY POSITION: 20.9N 131.8E.
TYPHOON "KAKA" IS FORECAST TO BE AT 970 KMS SOUTH-
EAST OF OKINAWA, JAPAN BY TOMORROW EVENING. IT
WILL BE AT 1,070 KMS EAST SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA,
JAPAN BY FRIDAY EVENING.

THIS DISTURBANCE IS EXPECTED TO ENHANCE THE SOUTHWEST
MONSOON AND WILL BRING RAINS OVER LUZON AND VISAYAS
PARTICULARLY THE WESTERN SECTIONS.

^THE QUIKSCAT PASS REVEALED A VERY SMALL, ISOLATED AREA
OF 50 KNOT WINDS BENEATH DEEP CONVECTION DECOUPLED TO
THE WEST OF THE CENTER. A SSM/I PASS DEPICTED A PARTIALLY
EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR THE EASTERN
EDGE OF THE CONVECTION.

>> FUNG-WONG {pronounced: fung~wong}, meaning: Phoenix, also the name
of a peak in Hong Kong. Name contributed by: Hong Kong

> View the LATEST SATELLITE IMAGERY (Courtesy of NPMOC/JTWC) by clicking
this link: http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/sat/gms_nwtrop/ir/gms_nwtrop_ir.jpg

NOTE:

^ - Taken from JTWC's Prognostic Discussion

* - Based on Philippine Storm Warning Signals, # 4 being the
highest. For more info on these signals, visit:
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/signals.htm

** - Based on Tropical Cyclone's Wave Height taken from the latest JTWC
Warning.

For the complete details on TY KAKA (Fung-Wong), visit our website @:

> http://www.typhoon2000.com
> http://www.typhoon2000.ph {http://66.40.4.61}
> http://www.ncf.edu.ph/typhoon (Alternate Site @ Naga College Foundation)

:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm