[Blueboard] Guidelines for Solicitations and Fund Raising Activities

cao at admu.edu.ph cao at admu.edu.ph
Fri Jul 19 15:36:22 PHT 2002

DATE:	4 July 2002
MEMO TO:	Unit Heads
MEMO FROM:	Central Accounting Office
SUBJECT:	Guidelines for solicitation and fund raising activities
On 4 July 2002, we met with the representatives from the school units, the
Office of the President, the Office of the Vice President for Finance and
Treasurer, the Office of the Vice President for Planning and Development and
Alumni Affairs and the Office of Admission and Aid to discuss the following:
§	The terms and conditions of the University’s registration as a
qualified donee institution;
§	Comparison of our previous and present registration under BIR-NEDA and
BIR-PCNC;
§	The proposed guidelines and procedures for solicitation, valuation,
acceptance and acknowledgement of donations; and
§	Questions and suggestions on the guidelines presented.
Our accreditation and registration shall be valid for FIVE (5) YEARS from 28
May 2002 unless sooner revoked by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) for
violation of any provisions of Revenue Regulation No. 13-98, or upon withdrawal
of the Certificate of Accreditation by the Philippine Council for NGO
Certification (PCNC). As a qualified donee institution, the Ateneo is required
to submit the following on or before the 15th day of the 4th month after the
close of its taxable year to the BIR:
§	A list of donations and income received during the year, showing the
name, address of the donors; the sources of income; the amount or market value
of each donation and items of income and the disposition thereof;
§	A list of the activities and/ or projects undertaken by the institution
and the cost of each undertaking indicating in particular where and how the
donations has been utilized;
§	A list of projects, their corresponding costs; the amount “set aside”
and the status of funds balances at the end of the year;
§	A declaration that no part of the net income of the accredited non-
stock, non-profit corporation/ NGO inures to the benefit of any private
stockholder or individual; and
§	A declaration of the status of project implementation.
Strict compliance with the regulations prescribed by the BIR and PCNC will
enable the University to benefit from donations deductible in full from our
donors’ income tax. For your reference, we are providing you a copy of the
revised guidelines, after considering the comments and suggestions brought up
by your representatives during our meeting. Should you wish to clarify some
points in the guidelines with the students, their parents or donors of the
University please do not hesitate to ask for our assistance.

Your cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Very truly yours,

LEONORA P. WIJANGCO
Director, Central Accounting Office

Approved by

JOSE M. SANTOS
Vice President for Finance and Treasurer