[Blueboard] APPOINTMENT OF NEW ASSISTANT CURATOR

Ramon E.S. Lerma rlerma at admu.edu.ph
Mon Jan 7 12:26:46 PHT 2002

I am pleased to announce the appointment of MARY FRANCES KILAYKO NG as
Assistant Curator of the Ateneo Art Gallery effective 1 January 2002.

An Ateneo alumna (AB Interdisciplinary Studies, magna cum laude, 1996), Ms.
Ng received the Dean's Award for the Arts in Creative Writing the year of
her graduation and was a candidate for Valedictorian. She was also formerly
assistant instructor at the English Department, Ateneo de Manila
University, from November 1997 to May 1999.

Ms. Ng's  professional experience, training, and keen interest in
developing knowledge of various aspects of art management and art history
and theory make her eminently qualified for this position. She worked at
the Ayala Museum prior to attending the International Summer Program in
European Studies at the University of Vienna from July to August 1997,
where she undertook courses in German Art, German, and Fin-de-Siecle
Vienna. She also took courses in painting at the University of the
Philippines College of Fine Arts from June to October 1999. Prior to this
appointment, she worked as Managing Editor of Seventeen Magazine.

I am convinced of Ms. Ng's sincere desire in helping me maintain and
develop the Gallery's preeminent position among Philippine art museums
through the bold and innovative exhibition and public programs that we will
be implementing in the coming years. She will certainly be an invaluable
asset to the University.

Ramon E.S. Lerma
Curator
Ateneo Art Gallery
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108 Philippines
Tel (632) 426-6001 loc. 4160
DL  (632) 426-6488