[Blueboard] Processing of Order for a Check

cao at admu.edu.ph cao at admu.edu.ph
Mon Apr 1 15:36:51 PHT 2002

DATE		:	March 18, 2002

TO		:	The University Community

FROM		:	Central Accounting Office

SUBJECT	:	Processing of Orders for a Check [OC]

After a careful review of the operations of our Accounts Payable Section and
evaluation of our findings, the following problems were identified as the
causes for the delay in processing your check requests and preparation of check
vouchers:

§	No budget or funds available for the amount requested to be disbursed;
§	Lack of one or more of the required supporting documents;
§	Lack of Tax Identification Number and address for check requests
payable to consultants and professionals;
§	Absence of project budget or activity cost estimate for cash advances;
§	Unaccounted for or unliquidated released cash advances; and
§	Check requests for supplies that should have been purchased through
Central Purchasing Office [CPO], in such cases your requests were forwarded to
CPO for processing.

As an improvement in our existing procedures, the following steps will be
implemented to expedite processing of your check requests effective 1 April
2002:

1.	Instead of forwarding your check requests to the Office of the VP for
Finance and Treasurer, operating units will submit their check requests or OCs
directly to the Central Accounting Office.
2.	Our office will only accept OC packages with TIN number, valid and
sufficient supporting documents, the request is within the budget of the
requesting operating unit or there is enough DCB fund balance, the cash advance
is supported with a budget or activity cost estimate, the payee has no two or
more unaccounted cash advances.
3.	In addition, our office will also enforce a cut-off time on the receipt
of your check request.  Your checks will be ready for signature of the
authorized signatories within two [ 2 ]  working days from the receipt of your
requests.

Request received from/ on	8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon	Considered to be