[Blueboard] Prayers in a Time of Terror and Crisis

Rona Valenzuela ronapres at admu.edu.ph
Wed Sep 12 13:39:39 PHT 2001

Clear Day
Ateneo de Manila University
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO   :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM   :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT   :    PRAYERS IN A TIME OF TERROR AND CRISIS

            We all share the shock and grief of the American people and the world at the unprecedented terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. last night.  We would like to come together in prayer for the victims of this tragedy.  We are also invited to pray together for the leaders of the United States and the world during a time that seems to bring our world to the brink of war.  We have all been aware of the rise of terrorism in the world and have experienced it ourselves in our country.  But not in our worst nightmares did we expect something of this scale.

            I would like to ask that in all our masses and gatherings for prayer during these coming weeks that we take time to reflect and to pray together.  Let us ask the Lord to be with us and to deliver us from the catastrophe of escalating terrorism and counterattacks that could bring the world to war.

            We have many concerns but this is a tragedy that affects us all and I would like to ask then that we all do our best to take time to reflect and pray together.

                                                                            BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.