[Blueboard] Ateneo-La Salle Championship Game: 16 October

Ateneo Alumni Affairs Office alumni at admu.edu.ph
Thu Oct 11 09:24:29 PHT 2001

UAAP Games

As many of you have realized by now, tickets to the Ateneo-La
Salle Championship Game on Tuesday, October 16 (5pm, Araneta
Coliseum) are almost impossible to find. Demand clearly exceeds
supply. This is understandable given that it is the first time
Ateneo is again in the championship series--after 13 years!--plus
the fact that our opponent is long-time rival La Salle.

As for the limited supply of tickets, this may be explained by
the fact that for Game 3, Ateneo's allocation is only about 1/4
of Araneta's reserved- and free-seating capacity (same allocation
for games 1 and 2). A request to the UAAP Board and the host
school for more tickets was made but, as of this writing, it
appears this will not happen. After setting aside some tickets
for the players, their parents and families, school
administrators, faculty and staff, students, and certain
traditional supporters of the school, there is very little left
for alumni and the rest of the general Ateneo community.

The Alumni Affairs Office and the Ateneo Alumni Association has
arranged for a video wall to be set up at the HS cafeteria on
October 16 for students and alumni to watch the game. Hopefully,
this would offer an alternative venue for the many who will not
be able to get tickets for the game. SO IF YOU CAN'T BE AT THE
DOME, COME HOME TO THE ATENEO ON OCTOBER 16. Also, in honor of
our ALMA MATER, please WEAR BLUE on October 16 wherever you may
be. For those lucky few who will be able to watch the game Live,
please cheer your hearts out. Our Team needs your cheers (NOT
jeers).

The game can also be followed LIVE next Tuesday via the Internet.
Go to www.pinoycentral.com and go to game 3.

Most importantly, we call on the dear Ateneo community to put our
hearts together and pray an ardent HAIL MARY whenever we recall
the Games. Let us offer this to our Ateneo team. Let's offer our
prayers especially this October month to our Mother Virgin Mary,
the Bearer of our University Colors... Mary for you. For your
White and Blue. We pray you'll keep us Mary constantly true. We
pray you'll keep us Mary faithful to you...

In the Loyola Schools, "A Rosary for the Blue Eagles" will be
offered after the regular noon Masses at the college chapel until
Tuesday. The schedule for the rosaries is:
Oct. 11, Thursday - 12:45 p.m.
Oct. 12, Friday - 1:15 p.m.
Oct. 15, Monday - 12:45 p.m.
Oct. 16, Tuesday - 12:45 p.m.

Please come and pray with us, for our Team.