[Blueboard] New Christmas Album from the Jesuit Music Ministry

Marilyn Uy jcf at pusit.admu.edu.ph
Tue Nov 27 14:50:46 PHT 2001

MATINS: A Christmas Convergence

It is said that on the night of Christ's birth, the whole universe was
caught up in song. From the valleys and mountains, to the seas and
skies, the universe sang praises of God. The very wind, the light of
stars, the lowing of the lowest cattle, and the most secret regions of
the hearts of men were filled with this song. From the diversity of
creation came the harmony of one song, a song that resounded with hope
and love throughout the cosmos.

We are already too far-removed from that night, we with our rush and
bustle, our noise and frustration. We have lost that glorious harmony,
that wondrous song that spoke of love beyond understanding. But broken
though we are, we are still sometimes blessed to hear the faint
stirrings of it, in the austere beauty of prayer.

Rediscover that harmony with MATINS, the latest offering from the Jesuit
Music Ministry and Jesuit Communications. Taking its name from the
Liturgy of the Hours, MATINS allows us to hear again, through prayer and
song, the harmony of that Christmas night. Gathering the distinct voices
of a chamber orchestra, flute and cello, bass and viola, violin and
guitar, MATINS leads us through the harmonies of traditional carols and
familiar Jesuit hymns to find once more that deeper harmony of hope.
Featuring works by such composers as Jesuits Eddie Hontiveros, Manoling
Francisco and Arnel Aquino, as well as laity such as Norman Agatep,
Jandi Arboleda and Paulo Tirol, MATINS takes us on a musical journey
unlike any we have experienced before.

So listen to MATINS, pray with it, and remember, through this
convergence of chamber music, the convergence of Christmas joy.

For inquiries, please call 4841-4842, or 426-5971. Thank you.

--
Marilyn A. Uy
Business Development & Marketing Manager