[Blueboard] "Usapang Kuryente"

Ami Perez ororo at admu.edu.ph
Fri Nov 23 10:13:33 PHT 2001

They said that once the Power Bill was enacted into law, we would see an improvement in electric services.  Do you really care? If you do,  read on.......

The Ateneo de Manila University, through the Center for Social Policy & Public Affairs (ACSPPA) and the School of Government (ASG) has been invited to be part of a government-academe network that will promote and foster consumer empowerment in reforming the electric power industry.  Ateneo de Davao, Ateneo de Naga, Xavier University and Ateneo de Manila have been chosen to initially be part of this network along with other academic institutions nationwide by virtue of their participation in organizing Public Consultations on the Electric Industry Reform Act (EIRA)-Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).  In principle, ACSPPA and ASG have agreed to participate in this endeavor.

ACSPPA wants to take the initiative in forming a working and study group on consumer action for electric industry reforms.  We would like to invite interested faculty and staff (College, High School, Grade School, Professional Schools and Auxiliary Units) to join us in forming this group. We propose convening such a group during Energy Week, December 3-7, 2001 to hammer out how and what Ateneo de Manila will contribute to this network.  "Usapang Kuryente," is how we would like to call the first meeting.

If you are interested, please email us (ororo at admu.edu.ph) or call us at 426-6061/62 or Ateneo locals 4643/44.  We propose to set "Usapang Kuryente" on either Dec. 6 or 7, 2001.  Please tell us your preferred date and time to help us arrive at the final schedule.  We're willing to have the venue outside of Loyola Heights if need be.

Maraming salamat.

Amihan Perez
ACSPPA