[Blueboard] Halina Hesus Halina!

L/S Campus Ministry Office ls_cmo at admu.edu.ph
Fri Nov 16 10:46:09 PHT 2001

ADVENT RECOLLECTION
for Students and Alumni
with Rev. Fr. Luis David, SJ

02 December 2001, First Sunday of Advent
8:00 AM to 12:00 NN
College Chapel

In the current situation of instability and uncertainty, how does one
prepare for the coming Christmas?  The focus on materialism and the
externals can distract us from  the true  spirit and meaning of the
Season.  The need for an  inner preparation  for Christmas, then, becomes
even more  significant. This  is precisely the reason why the Church gives
to us the season of Advent --  to teach us how to wait for God.  Advent
is the season of preparations;  a readying of the heart itself to welcome
the God who comes.

And so we pray:
Lord Jesus,  Master of both light and darkness,  send your Holy Spirit...
We who have so much to do seek quiet spaces to hear your voice each day.
We who are anxious over many things look forward to your coming among us.
We who are blessed in so many ways long for the complete joy of your
kingdom.  We whose hearts are heavy seek the joy of your presence.  We are
your people,  walking in darkness,  yet seeking the light.  To you we say,
"Come Lord Jesus!"  Amen.

*Sign-up at the Campus Ministry Office.
No fees required; please bring your own merienda.*

PLEASE PASS TO YOUR ALUMNI FRIENDS.

For inquiries, comments or suggestions kindly contact:

                       L/S CAMPUS MINISTRY OFFICE
                        First Floor, Kostka Hall
                             Loyola Schools
                       Ateneo de Manila University